Abstinence: Refraining from all sexual activity.
Purity: Saving yourself mentally, emotionally, and physically until marriage and after you are married, remaining faithful to your spouse.
Recommit to Purity: Choosing from this moment on to remain sexually pure until marriage.
Tips for Staying Pure:
1. Make a commitment to purity and use reminders, such as a ring or inspirational quote, to motivate yourself.
2. Be comfortable with who you are. Staying pure is a decision which shows your strength and respect for yourself.
3. Set standards before you’re in a relationship and don’t compromise for what someone else may think is acceptable.
4. Don’t be afraid to end a relationship if you’re being pushed beyond your comfort level. If he/she really loves you, they will respect your desire to wait.
5. Plan fun dates which require a lot of activity-not alone time that could lead to physical intimacy.
6. Go on double dates or group dates when possible. They’re fun and reduce the pressure to be intimate.
7. Once you’ve set boundaries, try to avoid pushing the limits. it can be hard to draw lines when you’re in the heat of the moment.
8. Try to be pure in all aspects of life: how you dress, how you speak to others and how you interact with others.