Position Announcement for the 2017-2018 School Year
St. Rita School for the Deaf is a Catholic school whose purpose is to educate students who need special methods of communication in a safe, value-oriented environment. We believe in empowering each child to achieve his or her full potential through an individualized approach to learning.
POSITION TITLE: Religion Teacher
GRADE LEVEL: 7 -12
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: January 3, 2018 – June 1, 2018, with a possibility of full time employment for the 2018-2019 School Year
- Plan daily instruction and learning activities based on curriculum materials.
- Deliver hands-on learning experiences based on Catholic Social teaching.
- Serve as a member on the Campus Ministry Team.
- Assess student work and keep a record of grades.
- Utilize technology in instruction, including smart boards, ipads, and laptops.
- Manage classroom discipline in accordance with the PAWS system.
- Create a positive learning environment.
- Attend required meetings and assemblies.
- Candidate must be a practicing Catholic
- Archdiocese of Cincinnati Catechist Certification or willingness to obtain certification
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field
- Experience working with students who have special needs preferred
- Fluency in American Sign Language preferred but not required
WAGE AND BENEFITS: Wage is dependent on educational background and years of experience. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, retirement plan, 15 paid sick/personal days per school year, 10 paid Federal Holidays per school year, and paid professional development.
WORK SCHEDULE: 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday-Thursday; Full-time, five-month agreement.
EMAIL RESUME TO: Natalie Marsh Principal JrHS/HS email@example.com
St. Rita School for the Deaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer