St. Henry District High School is seeking a full-time Intervention Specialist in our Academic Achievement through Intervention, Mentoring, and Support (AAIMS) department for the 2018-2019 school year. Interested candidates should send a resume to David M. Otte at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859.525.0255 for more information. Please see job description below:
Intervention Specialist: Mild -Moderate Certification 9-12 grade
IS teacher will work collaboratively to support the AAIMS students’ learning needs, academic programming, college counseling, and any social/emotional needs that may arise while they attend St. Henry District High School.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Develop Alternative Learning Plans (ALPs) for each student;
- Inform teachers of each student’s academic profile and of classroom accommodations described in his/her ALP;
- Implement ALPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress;
- Update ALPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress;
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one;
- Monitor and consult with faculty regarding progress or lack thereof on all AAIMS students;
- Better enable students to assume responsibility for their own education and promote self-advocacy;
- Provide academic and post-secondary transition advising;
- Review core content (English, math, and science); and
- Implement strong study skills.