Director of Faith Formation, All Saints Church
The Director of Faith Formation provides overall leadership and direction for both youth and adult faith formation. Beginning with Baptism, this position provides the resources needed to foster the spiritual journey of our youth and prepare them for an active adult faith life. Through the religious education and sacramental preparation of our youth, this position builds lasting relationships with families thus setting the stage for adult faith formation opportunities.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Experience in pastoral ministry preferred.
• Master’s Degree in pastoral ministry/ theology is preferred. Applicants without a Master’s Degree must be willing to obtain their degree within 5 years.
• Must have strong communication skills and be comfortable networking and building relationships with families.
Leadership and Administration
• Stays current regarding Church and Archdiocesan guidelines, trends in theology and catechesis.
• Participates and provides leadership for goal setting and policy development in the area of faith formation.
• Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates coordinators and/or volunteers to staff programs.
• Monitors and maintains Religious Education Budget.
Catechetical Programs and Formational Activities
Executes all parish faith formation programs and activities by:
• Recruiting and supervising coordinators for Early Childhood (e.g. GWW, CLOW, VBS), PREP, Youth Catechesis, Youth Ministry, Adult Faith Formation (e.g. RCIA, Parish Penance Services, Bible Study, Women of the Well, Parish Mission and Ministry of MOMs, and other formal programs).
o Providing training and support for program coordinators and catechists.
o Overseeing selection of curriculum and resources according to Archdiocesan guidelines.
o Overseeing and coordinating ACRE Assessment for school and PREP.
o Acting as liaison for clerical, facilities and maintenance needs for programs.
o Providing direction and assistance with liturgical and prayer celebrations.
o Responsible for supplying catechetical resources to people with special needs.
• Working with parish leadership, committees and volunteers to design, plan, promote and implement new program models and occasional events and opportunities for faith formation.
• Supervising preparation and selection of materials for various special programming and other parish needs.
• Providing leadership and direction or resourcing for catechetical and liturgical programs for the parish school including:
o Selection and implementation of religion curriculum
o Scheduling and preparation of school liturgical experiences in consultation with principal, pastor, teachers and music director.
o Rehearsal of student liturgical ministers for liturgies and prayer celebrations
The Director of Religious Education is responsible for the direction and coordination of all aspects of the RCIC process for children, infant Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation and First Penance in conformity with current guidelines and employing a parish and family focus. This may include supervision of coordinator(s). Duties include:
• Recruiting, forming and supervising catechists and teams.
• Developing curriculum, processes and program components.
• Preparing schedules, materials, handouts, planning sheets, etc.
• Providing parent sessions, family/sponsor/candidate workshops, retreats and home activities.
• Coordinating plans and preparation for related rites and liturgies in cooperation with presider and Director of Music and Liturgy.
• Communicating relevant information to catechists, parents, candidates, pastor, music director, sponsors and parish-at-large.
• Recording data in parish sacramental records.
Must be willing to work weekends/evenings on a regular basis.
Interested candidates may contact Father Jaspers, Pastor at 513/792-4600, 8939 Montgomery Road, Cinti., OH 45236-2129, or by email at email@example.com.