St. Henry District High School is seeking a full-time Guidance Counselor for the 2018-2019 school year. Interested candidates should send a resume to David M. Otte at email@example.com or call 859.525.0255 for more information. Please see job description below:
Grade Level Assignment: 12
• Proven experience as a high school counselor
• High School Guidance Counseling credentials
• Prepare seniors with information concerning career, college and scholarships.
• Organize, administer, and interpret standardized test scores to students, faculty, and parents.
• Efficiently maintain information and records.
• Communicate with students, parents, and peers one-on-one and in large groups.
• Keep accurate records in all facets of the guidance program.
• Be proficient in all facets of the college application process, scholarships, and financial aid programs.
• Attend professional conferences, seminars, and meetings to stay current on topics of working with students and parents.
• Conduct student and parent informational meetings on important topics.
• Develop and maintain a rapport with agencies and college representatives.
• Meet every student on your case load on a one-on-one basis and through group guidance sessions.
• Stay up to date on computer technology needed to perform daily guidance tasks.