St. Augustine Parish in Covington, KY (www.staugustines.net) is seeking to identify qualified, actively practicing Roman Catholic candidates for the part-time (Monday – Friday; 9:00AM – 1:00PM) position of Parish Office Secretary. The responsibilities of this position will include management of the parish calendar and the database of 375 families, sacramental record keeping, tracking of Mass offerings, editing the bulletin, word processing, and telephones. Requirements include strong organizational skills and attention to detail, basic computer and word processing skills, comfort with a small office environment, and flexibility. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, simple resume including references with email addresses, and compensation history to Stephen Koplyay at [email protected] or fax to 859/392-1589. EOE
The Diocese of Covington Office of Buildings and Property is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Cemetery Foreman. This position directs and supervises a work team consisting of full-time and seasonal employees. Overall responsibilities include meeting with pre-need and at-need individuals and families, assisting the Director of Buildings and Property with future planning, occasional broad maintenance activities on cemetery structures and property, and field verifications of plots. Desired qualifications include prior hands-on experience with cemeteries, grounds, or related areas, and a familiarity with equipment generally used in cemetery maintenance, including a backhoe. Applicants are asked to send a letter of interest, a resume with salary history, and at least five references with contact e-mail addresses to Stephen Koplyay, SPHR, at [email protected], or by fax to 859/392-1589. EOE
The Diocese of Covington’s Catholic Charities is seeking to hire a full-time Counselor for our Mental Health and Pregnancy/Adoption Programs. This counselor performs all the duties of a Licensed Counselor, for our general counseling practice serving individuals and families with a partial emphasis on pregnancy and adoption.
Educational and Experiential Criteria:
- Practicing Roman Catholic.
- Master’s degree required plus three years related experience preferred.
- Advanced licensure or certification indicating ability to practice independently or be within one year of that certification, such as LPCC or LCSW.
- Experience with diverse populations including children, adults, couples, and families, those with mental illness and substance use disorders, life transitions, all income levels, various cultural backgrounds. In addition, interest in Pregnancy Counseling and Adoption Services strongly preferred.
- Experience with DSM 5.
- Performs all the duties of the independent therapist and demonstrates an ability to work independently other than with administrative oversight.
- Participates in internal and external functions which advance the cause of human services at Catholic Charities and in the community including: advocacy, teaching, participation in planning processes, etc.
Interested candidates should submit resume, including at least three references with contact email addresses, along with cover letter and salary history by email to Stephen Koplyay, SPHR [email protected]. For the full job posting please click: Mental Health Pregnancy-Adoption Counselor
Diocese of Covington