The Finance Office of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington invites qualified, actively practicing Catholics to apply for the full time position of Payroll Coordinator. This important Curia role requires a personable, self-starting individual who likes numbers and detail, and who is good with both. Requirements include a general working knowledge of payroll operations and basic bookkeeping, and some prior experience with payroll software. Applicants should submit a resume with cover letter and compensation history, along with references including contact email addresses, by mail, fax or email to Stephen Koplyay, SPHR, 1125 Madison Avenue, Covington 41011-3115; fax 859/392-1589; [email protected].
The Messenger, the Diocese of Covington’s official weekly newspaper published 44 times per year, seeks a full time Assistant Editor. Candidates must be practicing Roman Catholics in good standing with the Church. The position requires a broad range of abilities, including excellent writing, proofreading, and organizational skills; basic photography skills; a commitment to confidentiality and teamwork; a passion for completing diverse projects accurately, thoroughly, and reliably; and adaptability to interactions with colleagues, other Diocesan employees, and interviewees. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and imaginative, with a readiness to explore multimedia platforms. In addition to regular office hours, evening and weekend assignments occur regularly and are considered part of the job. Interested candidates may submit a comprehensive resume, compensation history, references including contact email addresses, and writing samples to Stephen Koplyay, SPHR by e-mail, fax, or mail: [email protected], (859) 392-1589, 1125 Madison Avenue, Covington, KY 41011-3115.
The Diocese of Covington’s Catholic Charities is seeking to hire a full-time Counselor for our Mental Health and Pregnancy/Adoption Programs. This counselor performs all the duties of a Licensed Counselor, for our general counseling practice serving individuals and families with a partial emphasis on pregnancy and adoption.
Educational and Experiential Criteria:
- Practicing Roman Catholic.
- Master’s degree required plus three years related experience preferred.
- Advanced licensure or certification indicating ability to practice independently or be within one year of that certification, such as LPCC or LCSW.
- Experience with diverse populations including children, adults, couples, and families, those with mental illness and substance use disorders, life transitions, all income levels, various cultural backgrounds. In addition, interest in Pregnancy Counseling and Adoption Services strongly preferred.
- Experience with DSM 5.
- Performs all the duties of the independent therapist and demonstrates an ability to work independently other than with administrative oversight.
- Participates in internal and external functions which advance the cause of human services at Catholic Charities and in the community including: advocacy, teaching, participation in planning processes, etc.
Interested candidates should submit resume, including at least three references with contact email addresses, along with cover letter and salary history by email to Stephen Koplyay, SPHR [email protected]. For the full job posting please click: Mental Health Pregnancy-Adoption Counselor
Diocese of Covington