SCHEDULING NCEA IFG: ACRE
For Grade 12 in Catholic High Schools and Parish High School CCD Programs:
ACRE application weeks are November 4 – 15, 2019.
Completed score sheets are due to ETS for scoring by Monday, November 18, 2019.
For Grades 5 and 8 in Catholic Elementary Schools and in Parish Religious Education Programs: ACRE application weeks are February 3 – 14, 2020.
Completed score sheets are due to ETS for scoring by Friday, February 21, 2020.
NOTE: Schedule with consideration for potential inclement weather so that you can meet the posted deadlines.
Further information on ACRE:
1. Tables Reporting the Performance of Specific Groups for the 2013 edition NCEA IFG: ACRE Assessment
2. NCEA IFG: ACRE Cover Sheet (http://ncea.caltesting.org/docs/IFGACREeditionAssessmentReturnCoverSheet6-27-13.pdf)
3. Receiving Your NCEA IFG: ACRE and IFG Reports: All NCEA ACRE and IFG reports will be sent to the parish or school contact person electronically by email. This feature will give you the opportunity to choose the pages of a report to print or email to others who need the information. You can still receive a printed hard copy of your NCEA ACRE and IFG reports for a small additional fee. To “opt out” of electronic reporting, mark the appropriate box on the order form or ask for printed reports when you place your order by phone. You must “opt out” in order to receive printed reports.
4. Why must my parish or school participate in NCEA IFG: ACRE (National Catholic Educational Information for Growth Assessment of Children/Youth in Religious Education)? The four Dioceses of Kentucky launched the NCEA ACRE (Assessment in Religious Education) in 2008 for use in Catholic Schools and Parish Religious Education Programs. This assessment is an invaluable tool for planning purposes and for curriculum review, for understanding student attitudes and strengthening the core program in religious education. For this reason the NCEA ACRE Assessment must be administered in every parish and school annually. Each of us in catechetical leadership should assess/evaluate our program to determine its strengths and areas of concern. Again, the NCEA IFG: ACRE instrument gives data-based information from which to do that evaluation and plan more effective for the future.
5. How Many Students Do We Need to Participate in NCEA IFG: ACRE? All Elementary Schools and Parish Religious Education Programs with at least six students in the fifth and eighth grades are required to utilize the ACRE assessment. Furthermore, you may assess any number of students to receive a summary of the scores on the Knowledge Domains – Part I. To receive summary reports on the Affective Categories – Part II, a group of six (6) or more students must comprise the group. If you order the individual student reports you will receive a copy of all of the individual score reports on Part I, no matter the number of students participating. If a school or parish has sufficient reason not to administer the assessment including to, an inadequate number of students, the administrator must inform the Department of Catechesis and Faith Formation in writing at least by October.
6. How do I order materials (Question Booklets and Scoring Sheets)? Order materials from ETS (Educational Testing Service) at http://ncea.caltesting.org/ or 866-406-3850. Click on “Order IFG: ACRE materials” to access materials to order or download. Brochures and order form are available online at http://ncea.caltesting.org/docs/2013IFG-ACREBrochure10-17-13.pdf.
7. When Do We Administer NCEA IFG: ACRE? NCEA IFG: ACRE will be administered to Grade 12 in Catholic High Schools or Parish High School CCD Programs from November 4 – 15, 2019. Completed score sheets are due to ETS for scoring by Monday, November 18, 2019;
Whereas ACRE will be administered to Grades 5 & 8 in Catholic Elementary Schools and in Parish Religious Education Programs from February 3, 2020 through February 14, 2020. Completed score sheets are due to ETS for scoring by Friday, February 21, 2020.
8. What are the Special Codes for Grade 8 Students? NCEA and Computer Aided Learning no longer compile the high school codes for eighth grade students who participate in the ACRE Assessment.
9. What is a Header Sheet and how many do I need? A completed Header Sheet contains important information for the scoring of your students’ answer sheets. Please order and complete a Header Sheet for each level administered. If you have more than one class for a level and would like a report for each class, order and complete a header sheet for each class. You will then receive a report for each plus a summary of the whole level. Be sure to order a few extra Header Sheets than you think you will need.
10. What is a Cover Sheet? A cover Sheet (usually yellow) comes with your materials. Place it on top of your whole order to be scored. Please, include all the information requested so that ETS knows where to send your reports and keep your contact person current.
11. Where do I send our completed Answer Sheets? Send your completed score sheets directly to ETS by traceable shipping (UPS, FedEX, USPS, RPS, and ext.) by the due date to:
1202 East 23rd Street, Suite D
Lawrence, KS 66046
Email: [email protected]
12. When and how will I get my reports? You will receive your parish or school results about three weeks after they are received by ETS. You will receive the Diocesan and National Averages Report of the level(s) you administered shortly after ETS has received all the answer sheets from our parishes and schools.
13. What kind of Reports will I get? Your parish or school NCEA IFG: ACRE Report will include an item-by-item summary breakdown of your group’s responses on Faith Knowledge – Part I questions as well as a graphed summary of the Domains: God, Church, Liturgy and Sacraments, Revelation, Life in Christ, Church History, Prayer/Religious Practices and Catholic Faith Literacy. The Beliefs, Attitudes, Practices and Perceptions Section of Part II also has item-by item graphed summaries in the Categories: Catholic Identity, Images of God, Morality, and Relationship with Jesus, Relationship with others, Perception about School/Parish Religious Education Program and Student Concerns. If you order the Individual Student Reports, you will receive each student’s individual scores for the Faith Knowledge – Part I Section. You will not get individual scores for the Beliefs, Attitudes, Practices and Perceptions – Part II Section in order to assure confidentiality.
14. Where can I find more information regarding NCEA IFG: ACRE? Check the NCEA Web Page at http://www.ncea.org/faith-education/acre-fag.
15. Should I inform the parents of our students before administering NCEA IFG: ACRE? It is advisable to give parents notice prior to the administration of NCEA IFG: ACRE.
16. May a teacher or catechist go over the questions with students after NCEA IFG: ACRE was administered to them? A teacher or catechist may go over the content contained in the questions, that is, incarnation, virtue of hope, evangelist, etc. and use that as a springboard to clarify teaching.
17. NCEA IFG: ACRE Administration Checklist: Read all materials when they arrive; do not set them aside to read the day the assessment is administered. Teachers/catechists should do the same. Do the curriculum alignment process called “Appendix C” with all teachers/catechists as soon as materials arrive. Please, allow two 40-minute class periods for the assessment. Again, please, inform parents before and students ahead of time when assessment for religion will occur.
18. To place an order, click here.